Saturday, June 18, 2011

Better half

As a father has compassion on his children, so the LORD has compassion on those who fear him.                                                                                                                                 --Psalm 103:13 

I have to take this Father's Day-eve opportunity to brag on my husband.  Since the day we met, Mark has worked so hard to make me happy.  He loves showing me how much he cares about me; you can see his eyes light up when he successfully surprises me with a note or flowers or a rack full of clean dishes.  He is someone who truly gets satisfaction out of making others' days.  

Now, we have a sweet baby boy...a baby boy that requires a lot of Momma and Daddy.  Mark is not only willing to fulfill those needs, but seems to thrive on it.  He glows when we take Garrett out in public.  I can't count how many pictures he has texted to our friends and family.  He changes diapers, and has never said "this one's yours!" He helps with nighttime feedings like a champ...he practically jumps out of bed (which, if you know Mark, is quite impressive!).  As if all of this weren't enough, he helps his OCD wife keep the house clean so that we're ready for guests whenever they may happen to stop by.  I am difficult to live with...I know this.  Mark would probably disagree, but I know the truth.  Haha.  It's something I am working hard to change, and it takes daily prayer and intent to keep myself in check.  I have this habit of over-reacting to things, and getting worked up at a moment's notice.  It's not something I choose, however I know it's something I can work on.  But Mark is so gracious and forgiving, and doesn't remind me of all my mistakes.  He doesn't call me out when I have to apologize for the same things over and over again.  He just listens intently, assures me he's here for me, and reminds me who's in control.  I am truly blessed, and lucky to have Mark as my husband and Garrett's father.  God has given me so much more than I deserve, and I am forever grateful. 


Happy [first] Father's Day, Mark Hogue.  You make my heart happy; Garrett and I love you. :) 







No comments:

Post a Comment