Greetings from our little home. I've been meaning to update for a while now, but life with a newborn gets crazy (imagine that?!). So Mark and I discovered that Garrett makes this wonderfully funny face when air hits him. Then everyone started telling us that it's because wind/air makes a newborn hold their breath. Either way, we think it's the cutest thing in the world. And for the record, we don't make a habit of blowing in his face...hehe. It's just for the occasional photo-op. :)Well Garrett is just under a month old and I'm nursing, which means several late-night/obscenely-early-morning feedings. I've found that the longer I spend feeding him, the longer he will sleep when I eventually put him back in his crib - so it pays to be patient. It also pays to rock him to sleep before laying him down because if I don't, he invariably fusses less than ten minutes after I get back into bed. Our baby monitor works well (too well, it sometimes seems), and even the slightest baby whimper sounds like a yell. Of course that may be less about the monitor and more about my motherly instincts, considering the fact that Mark sleeps right through it. Anyways, last night I was up with Garrett around 3:30am. I was watching TLC, eating lemon sandwich cookies (don't judge me), and trying to coax him back to sleep. Around 4, Garrett's eyes finally shut and his breathing became patterned. SUCCESS. I tip-toed back to his nursery and carefully laid him in his crib. The second his body hit the bed he let out the smallest little fart, which woke him up. I checked his diaper, which was clean. But that pesky little toot kept us up for an additional 30 minutes by the he stopped fussing and fell back asleep. Go figure :)
No comments:
Post a Comment