![]() |
| The fist half of Garrett's painted letters...at least four of them stayed the same! :) |
Baby Garrett is due in just nine days, which is so hard to believe -- the last nine-and-a-half months have felt like an eternity! Yes, we changed his name from 'Garrison' (which we'd originally decided on in February) to 'Garrett.' We're not really sure why, but Mark and I both felt like it was a better fit. Hopefully we don't change our minds AGAIN when he arrives. But we're not making any promises... :)
A few days ago I spent six hours cleaning the house like a mad-woman, and still wasn't tired when I was finished. Go figure! For the first time in a long time, every room in the house is presentable. Our hospital bags are packed in the car, and the car-seat is secured and checked. Garrett's nursery is organized and all I need to do is change the last wooden letters on his wall from "I-S-S-O-N," to "E-T-T." (One of the downsides of the recent name change!) Other than that, it's baby time. All we're praying for is a healthy boy...we know that our 'birth plan' and all the ideas we've concocted in our heads about how this should go are merely just that: "plans." In Proverbs 16:9, it says, "In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps." So now we're just attempting to relax and let Garrett (and God, of course!) do his thing.
I hope today finds you happy and blessed. We are loving the beautiful, warm Ohio weather after a long winter and rain-soaked spring. God's peace be yours today and every day :)
A few days ago I spent six hours cleaning the house like a mad-woman, and still wasn't tired when I was finished. Go figure! For the first time in a long time, every room in the house is presentable. Our hospital bags are packed in the car, and the car-seat is secured and checked. Garrett's nursery is organized and all I need to do is change the last wooden letters on his wall from "I-S-S-O-N," to "E-T-T." (One of the downsides of the recent name change!) Other than that, it's baby time. All we're praying for is a healthy boy...we know that our 'birth plan' and all the ideas we've concocted in our heads about how this should go are merely just that: "plans." In Proverbs 16:9, it says, "In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps." So now we're just attempting to relax and let Garrett (and God, of course!) do his thing.
I hope today finds you happy and blessed. We are loving the beautiful, warm Ohio weather after a long winter and rain-soaked spring. God's peace be yours today and every day :)

No comments:
Post a Comment